Sunday, December 11, 2022

Will Improving my Soft skills Help Me Get Into the IT field?

 a cartoon image depicting different soft skills you can put on your resume, including communication, time management, and writing skills



            Starting in IT Field was quite challenging as an Introvert person. There are soft skills that I have to improve and develop to execute potential tech solutions and be able to communicate well with my fellow co-workers and customers in the future. I'm terrified that I won't be able to give the expectations, but I am also determined to be better. In liveaboutdotcom, it explains that "It is important for an IT professional to stay focused on the ultimate goal and continue to work toward that result". (Boyle, 2021) It inspires me to be committed to any circumstances regarding my objectives and optimize my tasks. 

              Adapting to any occurrence and unexpected changes means you can overcome challenges. Therefore, it is important to think of strategies and approaches accordingly. But how can I practice my flexibility toward changes? Coach Alex says, "you need to have good self-awareness, be open and trainable, work well under deadlines and pressure, and lastly, find new ways to do things." (Alex, 2021) These are beneficial to my goal of improving my soft skills. I am willing to grow in this certain field with a positive attitude. 


Citation:

Emily Crowley. (2022). Soft Skills: Definition & 100+ Examples for 2023. photograph. Retrieved December 11, 2022, from https://resumegenius.com/blog/resume-help/soft-skills. 

Alison Doyle. (2021, February 24). Important Soft Skills for Information Technology (IT) Jobs. Retrieved December 11, 2022, from https://www.liveabout.com/top-information-technology-it-soft-skills-2063781 

Communication Coach Alex. (2021). What Are Soft Skills? Top 8. Retrieved December 11, 2022, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZSARM4VaVs&t=202s. 



4 comments:

  1. Hi Khaina, Soft skills are necessary for Tech Field to communicate, and the most useful may include interpersonal, problem-solving, organization, and teamwork skills. Most Tech jobs work in a group to solve a problem. Our Professor helps us to improve this by giving us a group project presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khaina, for me IT had some challenging parts to it but I refuse to let any challenges hold me back. You shouldn't either, this quarter had its challenging perks, but I am positive you will overcome all obstacles, just remember what your goals are and stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Khaina. I like your post. Communication is very essential to effectively working as a team. It goes beyond presentations. It takes practice to build confidence which is important to be effective communicator. Stay positive and one day you will be good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Khaina, great post. I agree, it's definitely a big transition starting the tech field. I think with staying focused and determined like you said, you will reach your goals. Starting something new is always scary, but you never know until you try something! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Will Improving my Soft skills Help Me Get Into the IT field?

              Starting in IT Field was quite challenging as an Introvert person. There are soft skills that I have to improve and develop to...